To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide support to all ABC Executive and Administrative Assistants in carrying out administrative and general support across all ABC departments. To receive, screen and direct telephone calls and in-person visitors, and relay information; to process accounts payable invoices; to process daily deposits; to maintain the lobby area in an attractive condition and restock literature racks; locks/unlocks main front doors, conference rooms & library; to maintain the office master calendars; and to perform related duties as assigned. This is a non-exempt position.
This position is distinguished from other jobs which perform clerical duties by responsibility for reception, telephone, front desk operations, support for Executive and Administrative Assistants organization wide. This position requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office software allowing that person to have a greater participation in the creation of documents; the ability to execute tasks with numerical accuracy for the processing and review of invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties.
- Answers, screens and directs incoming telephone calls and in-person visitors; provides general information via phone call and/or in person. Upholds professionalism by providing courteous customer service to visitors and vendors.
- Receives and signs for deliveries. Sorts and distributes incoming mail and assists in preparation of outgoing mailings.
- Serves as custodian of master staff and function calendars.
- Maintains lobby area in an attractive condition, restocks literature racks and business cards.
- Maintains copy center in an orderly fashion.
- Monitors fax machine and distributes incoming transmittals to staff.
- Maintains the ABC phone list and updating copies in conference rooms and other strategic areas.
- Maintains board/handler mailing database and contact database
- Prepares checks for deposit.
- Maintains AlmondBoardInfoServices – sending e-mails and keeping database up-to-date.
- Oversees email@example.com – receives invoices and updates admin’s invoice folders, files all invoices and payment stubs.
- Processes and reviews invoices for accuracy.
- Maintains office supply inventory and orders office supplies.
- Processes daily Accounts Payable (A/P) invoices with computer programs.
- Assists with Board, committee, conference, educational workshops, and special event preparation; prep meeting materials, set up meeting rooms, coffee and meals as well as clean up after meetings.
- Assist in the creation of documents for meetings, research agreements, and general office needs. Create project binders, delivering and distributing materials throughout the office.
- Assists in organizing ABC research projects’ documentation; creating project folders for research, post, record, and copy signed research MOUs for filing.
- Maintains and organizes kitchen areas to be ready for meeting preparation; loads dishwasher, distributes platter and serving utensils.
- Assist staff in the absence of the Logistics and Events Coordinator which includes but is not limited to: rearranging tables for meetings, stocking refrigerators/break rooms, paper and supplies, manually create mailing labels for urgent mailings, etc.
- Tracks incoming snack pack requests, assigns requests to proper department and requests shipment of snack packs through Sharepoint.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Telephone console operations.
- Correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Administrative and clerical procedures.
- Customer service principles and practice.
- Basic accounts payable principles and practice.
- Basic business arithmetic.
- Microsoft Office Software applications at an intermediate level
- Modern office methods and procedures including organizing and maintaining files and operating office equipment and typing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Using initiative and judgment within established guidelines; working independently and quickly with minimal supervision.
- Operating a telephone console.
- Operating standard office equipment including computer keyboard, fax, copier, calculator, etc.
- Entering data accurately at a rate sufficient to ensure successful job performance.
- Handling difficult callers with tact and diplomacy.
- Making basic mathematical calculations accurately.
- Understanding and carrying out oral and written instructions.
- Tracking, organizing, reporting, and prioritizing assigned duties.
- Ability to operate independently and take direction and management from several staff members; make decisions as required.
- Desire and ability to work across the organization, building consensus as a committed team player.
ILLUSTRATIVE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A typical way to obtain the above knowledge and skill is a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
Completion of high school and 3-5 years of responsible, related, general clerical experience.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are:
- Working for extended periods of time at a video display terminal.
- Vision sufficient to read handwritten and printed documents and computer screens; Speech and hearing sufficient to communicate by phone and in person;
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of office equipment and tools, computer keyboards, and to manipulate papers;
- May lift up to 40 pounds and manipulate heavier objects using dollies.