For immediate confidential consideration please click here to apply online.
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Finance and Administration
To provide support to all ABC Executive and Administrative Assistants in carrying out administrative and general support across all ABC departments. This role is also the first point of contact for visitors to ABC and is responsible for representing the organization in a professional and welcoming manner.
This position is distinguished from other jobs by responsibility for reception, telephone, front desk operations, support for Executive and Administrative Assistants organization wide. This position requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to execute tasks with accuracy and efficiency. This is a non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties.
- Responsible for the opening and closing duties of the front doors and meeting rooms
- Answers, screens and directs incoming telephone calls and in-person visitors; provides general information via phone call and/or in person.
- Provides a pleasant and welcoming environment for guests and staff. Upholds professionalism by giving outstanding customer service
- Receives and signs for deliveries. Sorts and distributes incoming mail and assists in preparation of outgoing mailings
- Serves as custodian of master staff and function calendars
- Maintains lobby and copy areas in an attractive and orderly condition, restocks literature racks, materials and business cards
- Monitors fax machine and distributes incoming transmittals to staff
- Maintains the ABC phone list and updates copies in common areas
- Maintains multiple databases and email accounts, keeps information up to date
- Prepares checks for daily deposit
- Oversees the invoices email account – receives invoices and updates admin’s invoice folders daily, files all invoices and payment stubs
- Reviews, processes and enters invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains office supply inventory and orders office supplies
- Assists with meeting and event preparation; prep materials, set up conference rooms, coffee and meals as well as clean up after meetings
- Assist in the creation of documents and agreements, and general office needs. Create project binders, delivering and distributing materials as needed
- Organizes ABC contracts and uploads original copies into Sharepoint
- Maintains and organizes kitchen areas; loads dishwasher, distributes platter and serving utensils
- Assist staff in the absence of the Logistics and Events Coordinator which includes but is not limited to: rearranging meeting room configurations, stocking refrigerators/break rooms, paper and supplies, manually create mailing labels for urgent mailings, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Multi line telephone console operations
- Correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Administrative and clerical procedures
- Customer service principles and practice
- Basic accounts payable principles and practice
- Basic business arithmetic
- Microsoft Office Software applications at an intermediate level
- Outstanding people skills, including the ability to listen, resolve problems, deal with issues, delays and unexpected events, while effectively communicating and maintaining rapport with team members and guests
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Maintaining efficiency and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Using initiative and judgment within established guidelines; working independently and quickly with minimal supervision
- Operating standard office equipment, telephones, computers, copiers, etc.
- Entering data accurately at a rate sufficient to ensure successful job performance
- Handling difficult callers with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and carrying out oral and written instructions
- Tracking, organizing, reporting, and prioritizing assigned duties
- Ability to operate independently and take direction and management from several staff members; make decisions as required
- Desire and ability to work across the organization, building consensus as a committed team player
ILLUSTRATIVE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A typical way to obtain the above knowledge and skill is a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
Completion of high school and 3-5 years of responsible, related, general clerical experience
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are:
- Working for extended periods of time at a video display terminal.
- Vision sufficient to read handwritten and printed documents and computer screens
- Speech and hearing sufficient to communicate by phone and in person
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of office equipment and tools, computer keyboards, and to manipulate papers
- May lift up to 40 pounds and manipulate heavier objects using dollies.