Regional Director North America
To apply, send your resume to: email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Global Marketing
The market-specific regional director shall have responsibility for the development, implementation, achievement and measurement of marketing, trade stewardship, and market access/regulatory issues and activities and corresponding budget appropriate for the market.
This is a director level position over a specific market region. This position has primary responsibility for oversight and implementation of market development program activities in North America (United States, Canada and Mexico).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties.
- Oversee ABC’s three principle areas of market development in North America: market access and regulatory issues, trade stewardship, marketing.
- Manage comprehensive North American program development, execution, measurement and analysis and reporting of results to ABC Staff and Global Marketing Development Committee.
- Manage strategic development, including forward-thinking strategic leadership and resource identification.
- Lead the annual planning process for the North American region guiding the cross-functional team through the process to align on objectives, key issues and planning imperatives across Canada, United States and Mexico
- Lead agencies to develop fully integrated tactical plans to address strategies and objectives in the specific market
- Lead cross-agency team in identification of consumer target for specific market(s) ensuring that target group and identified insight have the magnitude to help ABC fulfill the long-term objectives of the market
- Oversee various market research projects; submit final reports with data analysis and recommend any key insights or strategy shifts that to be incorporated into the market’s plan.
- Supervise and manage the work process and product of the Almond Board’s local PR and/or advertising agencies of record to ensure fiscal year program contract is fulfilled within budget allocated and the agreed upon quantitative and qualitative measurements are met or exceeded.
- Represent the California Almond industry to partner associations, government organizations, local almond industry stakeholders, and others as applicable.
- Partner with Trade Marketing and Stewardship to align on priority and objectives for the trade relationships in each market and how each trade relationship will be fostered. And, where appropriate, lead the relationship development which can cross the fields of procurement, sustainability, marketing and R&D.
- Evaluate the growth of Almonds within various food categories to guide changes to determine when to incorporate into overall program development.
- Strategize on and mobilize as needed potential market opportunities within North America.
- Collaborate with other Almond Board regional managers in day-to-day program development and implementation.
- Ensure grant application, compliance, and ongoing administration of the USDA UES program is complete
- Manage logistics for any ABC staff or ABC delegation (including industry members) visits to North America, including but not limited to setting appropriate appointments, coordinating with agencies for set-up, attending meetings, meeting recap reports, etc.
- Travel as needed within North America and internationally on ABC business.
- Supervise direct report(s) determining the appropriate allocation of responsibilities, providing feedback on work product, understanding each individual’s key motivations and guiding their development.
- North American market issues & trends
- North American macro & business economics; impact of these economics on market forces and industries
- North American regulatory environment
- North American public relations and marketing expertise
- English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Traditional consumer packaged goods planning process
- Media planning, strategy
- KPI development and goal setting
- Principles and practices of:
- supervision and management including personnel practices
- marketing strategy, trade education, campaign management and trade promotion including theme and material development, identification of target populations, and development of implementation activities
- market research, impact assessment, and program/results analysis
- crisis communications and reputation management for global audiences
- Cultural practices, customs and language issues of assigned geographical region as applied to marketing and interaction with those contacted in the course of work
- Contracting processes including preparing requests for proposals, evaluating bids and services, and managing professional service contracts
- Critical and strategic thinking
Management of working groups
- Establishing and maintaining effective and influential relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
- sing initiative and judgment
- Planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating the work of staff
- Developing marketing strategies to implement Board, committee and industry objectives
- Directing the work of international advertising, marketing, and trade and market research agencies.
- Overseeing and participating in the conduct, analysis and presentation of market research studies
- Collaborating with other Almond Board staff in the analysis and implementation of plans to resolve issues related to international trade including tariff and non-tariff issues.
- Proven track record of success communicating effectively, operating in a well-organized and disciplined manner, and meeting or exceeding goals in an autonomous environment.
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess a valid international passport or be able to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
- Position requires periodic international travel to participate in meetings, trade shows and conferences.
- Previous food industry and supervisory experience.
ILLUSTRATIVE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A typical way to obtain the above knowledge and skill is a combination of education and experience equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field: business administration, public policy/affairs, public relations & communications, marketing, advertising and 7-10 years of professional experience including the execution of national/international marketing and trade development programs. Additional experience can substitute for education. MBA highly desired.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are:
Incumbent will be required to work extended periods of time at a video display terminal.
- Vision sufficient to read handwritten and printed documents and computer screens;
- Speech and hearing sufficient to communicate by phone and in person;
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of office equipment and tools, computer keyboards, and to manipulate papers.
- May lift up to 30 pounds (15 kilos) and manipulate heavier objects using dollies;
- Travel can average 25% of time.
To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org