SPECIALIST, SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Technology
Provide Enterprise support for critical core devices such as servers, routers, firewalls, switches, and Virtual environments. Actively participate in the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of such devices and platforms. Ensure maximum uptime for corporate-wide systems and users using monitoring tools and backup methods. Provide end user support for day to day operations including helpdesk related tasks such as PC, Peripherals, Printers, Cell phones, and Audio/Video support.
This is a non-exempt position distinguished by its technical role in assisting in the planning and development of network and security strategies. This position is further distinguished by its scope of technical knowledge and required resourcefulness in the areas of CT’s application, user and operational support as well. As a member of a small staff, it is important that this position be able to provide support at all levels of the organization – from simple user support including printers and audio/video systems to advanced network features such as firewalls, switches, and virtualization technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties.
- Provide support and maintenance for various network systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Server, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Group Policies, VMWare, Enterprise Backups, SAN, DNS, DHCP, Shared drives and drive mappings, VPN, etc.
- Support server hardware, server operating systems, subsystems, and Enterprise wide applications.
- Support Office 365 application suite
- Identify, analyze, and make recommendations of design specifications, configurations, and capacity planning for core systems.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Provide monthly systems capacity and performance reports.
- Configure and maintain enterprise backup systems. Provide automated backups of critical applications and data. Monitor backups for integrity and take corrective actions to resolve issues. Periodically check and test data recovery methods.
- Maintain virtualized server environments. Manage and monitor utilization, licensing, etc.
- Add new virtual servers as required.
- Administer and maintain SAN infrastructure, including allocation of space.
- Provide assistance with SQL installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of SQL instances.
- Administer Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Maintain Active Directory user information.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring helpdesk system. Evaluate, assign, address, and escalate tickets accordingly.
- Escalate helpdesk tickets according to their impact on user community and potential for interruption to end users.
- Support cell phone issues and requests. Be proficient in cell phone provider applications, configurations, settings, and features.
- Use technical writing and effective documentation skills to thoroughly document problem resolution using the helpdesk system for future troubleshooting support and historical reference.
- Track all software licenses and license renewals and supply budgetary information for licenses renewals.
- Track Domain Name renewals and supply budgetary information for renewals.
- Track and install Certificates and supply budgetary information for renewals.
- Administer enterprise Email services.
- Deploy and maintain network components such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, URL filters, wireless access points, and UPS’s.
- Responsible for all data cabling, labeling, cross connects, and cable management.
- Create and maintain detailed network topology drawings and rack diagrams.
- Monitor network and systems performance, troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed.
- Provide coverage for Desktop support as required.
- Back up administration of SharePoint site as necessary. Work with employees to change the site as required.
- Complete Moves Adds and Changes (MAC) to the telephone system.
Working knowledge of:
- TCP/IP addressing and subnetting, LAN/WAN installations, VLans, and VoIP protocols
- Network capacity planning, network security principles, and network management best practices
- Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Spam filters, and VPN
- Creating detailed diagrams in Visio
- Network analysis tools, and management and performance monitoring tools to evaluate performance behaviors
- SAN storage solutions such as Nimble
- DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP
- Working knowledge of various server hardware platforms and Windows server software
- Highly motivated to keep abreast of technology and industry best practices, pursue relevant certifications, etc.
- Keen attention to detail with good organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Configuring virtual server clusters, allocating storage and monitoring performance
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effective working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical issues to non-technical staff
- Participate in work-related upgrades and service restoration activities outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Strong sense of urgency to provide timely service to the ABC team.
ILLUSTRATIVE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A typical way to obtain the above knowledge and skill is a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
- A.A. Degree in related field and 5-7 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- VMWare, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, SharePoint and or SQL certifications preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in multi-site network environment
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: The physical abilities involved in the performance of essential duties are:
- Incumbent will be required to work extended periods of time at a video display terminal;
- Vision sufficient to read handwritten and printed documents and computer screens.
- Speech and hearing sufficient to communicate by phone and in person.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of office equipment and tools, computer key- boards, and to manipulate papers.
- May lift up to 30 pounds (15 kilos) and manipulate heavier objects using dollies.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Incumbent is responsible for resolving computer issues requiring a high level of problem- solving skills. Excellent logical thought processes are required.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers and peripherals (10 lbs. - 50 lbs.) occasionally.
- Occasionally walking, stooping, climbing, kneeling to install, repair, inspect.
To apply, send your resume to: email@example.com