< Back to Recipe Center
Almond Milk Cold Brew Coffee
Prep time: , Cook time: , Total time:
Recipe by Chef Todd Humphries for Almond Board of California
3 oz. coarse-ground coffee
2 c. filtered cold water
10 oz. skin-on almonds
Honey, agave, or simple syrup (optional)
- Combine the ground coffee and filtered water and cover. Steep in the refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Put the almonds in a large container and pour in enough water to cover them. Put a lid or plastic wrap on the container and leave to soak for at least 8 and up to 48 hours.
- Pour the cold-brewed coffee through a coffee filter or fine-mesh strainer. Drain and rinse the almonds.
- Line the large strainer with the nut bag or cheesecloth and set them over a large bowl.
- Put half of the almonds in a blender and add the cold-brewed coffee. Blend until the nuts are finely chopped. Pour them into the nut bag. Repeat with the remaining almonds and 1 ½ c. fresh water.
- Strain out the nut pulp and squeeze it to remove as much almond milk as possible. Sweeten the almond milk coffee if desired. Cover and refrigerate the almond milk coffee and almond pulp; reserve the pulp for other recipes.