In a large fry pan, heat oil and butter together over medium heat until foamy.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes and heat for 30 seconds.
Add almonds, stirring constantly until coated and lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Kitchen notes: These are great as a host gift or holiday gift in an old mason jar with nice ribbon, or try them as a low fuss pre-dinner snack.
Calories 257; Fat 23 g; Sat Fat 3 g; Mono Fat 14 g; Poly Fat 5.5 g; Protein 8.5 g; Carb 8 g; Fiber 4.5 g; Cholesterol 4 mg; Sodium 1 mg; Calcium 104 mg; Potassium 288 mg; Vitamin E 10 mg;
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole almonds
- salt to taste