Gluten Free Chesapeake Crab Cakes with Almond Aioli
Serve in 1 1/2-ounce cakes
1/2 cup Curried Almond Aioli, sub recipe
1/2 cup Almonds, natural, finely ground
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp Flax Seeds, finely ground
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
3 Tbs Parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Almonds, sliced
1 lb. Crab, jumbo lump
Canola Oil, as needed
16 lemon, wedges
Parsley, finely minced, to garnish
2 oz Garlic Cloves, roasted
4 Tbs Almond Butter, roasted
1 Tbs Kosher salt
1/8 cup Lemon Juice, fresh
1/8 cup Vinegar, champagne
3 cups Almond Oil
1/4 cup Cold Water
Almond Curried Aioli
16 oz. Almond Aioli, sub recipe
1/2 cup Scallions, thinly sliced
1 Tbs Curry Powder, Madras
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
1 Tbs Lemon Juice, fresh
1) Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2) Combine curried almond aioli, ground almonds, Old Bay seasoning, egg, flax seeds, Dijon mustard and parsley in a medium sized bowl and mix together until well combined.
3) Gently fold in sliced almonds and crab.
4) Form mixture into 16, 1 1/2 ounce cakes and sear in a sauté pan over medium high heat with canola oil for 3 minutes, 1 ½ minutes per side. Finish in oven for 2 minutes.
5) Serve immediately, garnished with a lemon wedge and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
NOTE: Substitute Almond Aioli for Curried Almond Aioli if desired.
1) Add garlic, almond butter, egg, salt, lemon juice and vinegar to the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth.
2) While pureeing, slowly add almond oil, alternating with water to achieve desired consistency.
3) Store airtight; refrigerate until ready to use.
Almond Curried Aioli:
1) In a stainless bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to incorporate evenly.
2) Store airtight; refrigerate until ready to use.
Calories 227.1; Fat 17.6 g; Sat Fat 1.7 g; Mono Fat 11.2 g; Poly Fat 3.6 g; Protein 15.1 g; Carb 2.8 g; Fiber 1.5 g; Cholesterol 80.2 mg; Sodium 345.6 mg; Calcium 95.7 mg ; Potassium 317.7 mg; Vitamin E 8.1 mg;