Gluten-Free Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Bread
This moist and fudgy bread has a memorable hint of spice and rich avocado flavor. It's also gluten-free due to the use of almond flour. Recipe provided by the Hass Avocado Board.
1 ripe Hass Avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and mashed
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl combine almond flour, cocoa, salt, cardamom, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat avocado and sugar at medium speed until smooth. While beating, add eggs; beat on high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
4. Fold dry ingredients into avocado mixture until blended; remove to prepared pan.
5. Bake 55 minutes; cool. Cut with sharp serrated knife for best results
Serving Suggestion: Top with a dollop of whipped cream for a decadent treat.
Per Serving: Calories 250; Total Fat 15 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 37 mg; Sodium 214 mg; Potassium 350 mg; Total Carbohydrates 25 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Sugars 17 g; Protein 7 g; Vitamin A 88 IU; Vitamin C 2 mg; Calcium 88 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 36 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 3%; Calcium 9%; Iron 11%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.