Lime-Curry Trail Mix by Refinery 29
A sweet-and-spicy snack you can munch on whenever you get those darn hunger pangs.
1 1/2 cups natural almonds
1/2 cup pepitas
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp demerara sugar (optional)
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
Zest of 2 limes
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine almonds, pepitas, and coconut flakes in bowl. Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
3. Toast mixture for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and shake pan; return to oven, and toast for another 4 to 5 minutes. When mixture is lightly brown, remove from oven and let cool.
4. Mix curry powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and sugar in medium-size bowl. Set aside.
5. To make the glaze, combine coconut oil, honey, lime zest, and lime juice in a small pot over medium heat; whisk constantly on medium heat until the glaze begins to bubble. Add almond mixture and cherries; stir until liquid evaporates, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add mixture to bowl with mixed spices and combine well.
7. Return mixture to parchment-lined baking sheet; lay flat and let cool. Store trail mix in an airtight container for up to a week, and snack frequently.