One Pan Breakfast Banana Cake by Chef Dan Churchill
Talk about a simple way to game-change your breakfast! This one will get the family out of bed with the amazing smells coming from the oven.
2 tbsp coconut oil + 2 tsp for cooking
1/3 cup honey
2 sliced bananas, plus another sliced banana for the top
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1/3 cup almond milk
pinch of salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tsp honey
1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- For the cake, beat the 2 tbsp coconut oil and honey in a bowl until creamy. Whisk in one egg at a time, mixing well after each.
- Stir in two of the sliced bananas followed by the gluten free flour, which will form a nice thick batter.
- Mix in the almond milk and a pinch of salt.
- Heat the 2 tsp coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat, and then pour the batter into a skillet allowing that base to brown for a few minutes to get nice and caramelized. Remove from heat and decorate the top of the batter with remaining sliced bananas. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine all your sauce ingredients - except for the almond milk - in a small pot on low heat and mix until it all combines (2-3 minutes). Remove from the heat and stir in the almond milk; you will notice it start to thicken up. Set it aside.
- To serve the cake, garnish with a dollop of your favorite yogurt and drizzle with the almond sauce. You are ready for breakfast!!