Own Your Day This Winter with Celebrity Fitness Trainer Paul Vincent
We all have goals we strive to achieve, whether it’s a simple “get through the day” type or a longer-term vision to even win a medal. Celebrity trainer Paul Vincent, who has helped stars prepare to wield lightsabers and outrun enemies in the recent redux editions of films like “Star Wars” and “Blade Runner,” is an expert on helping others live up to their full potential. To motivate everyone to become the best version of themselves this winter, we have teamed up with Paul to share tips and four new almond snacks that provide the protein, fiber and key nutrients needed to power through whatever the day holds—whether it’s hail, hard deadlines or ‘hanger.’
Paul’s four easy snacks include smoothies and snack mixes that provide sustained energy for whatever the day may bring. Paul’s inspirational tips, which he’s gathered through years of work with top celebrities and athletes, include encouraging suggestions on how to fit exercise in a busy day as well as advice on staying motivated.
“You don’t need to rearrange your entire schedule to eat healthy and stay fit,” says Paul. “Incorporating almonds into your snacks will provide you with the protein and fiber your body needs to help you own the day in a positive way.”
Paul’s Snacking Solutions
Paul’s snacks have the nutrients needed for long days and challenging schedules. Ranging from sweet and fruit-filled to spicy and savory, each snack has the right balance of protein and vitamins to help anyone own their day.
With its mix of chia seeds, oats, almonds, blueberries and almond milk, this parfait has the protein and fiber needed to conquer any morning—no matter how long the commute or long the to-do list!
When hanger strikes, combat it with Vincent’s Almond Trail Mix. With its sweet and savory mix of goji berries, sunflower seeds and almonds, this trail mix is sure to provide the energy needed for any task!
Mid-day cravings are history with this snack! The cayenne pepper seasoning on these almonds provides the kick needed to crunch any energy crash.
The body needs protein and potassium to function at its best—and this snack has both. Try this snack as a quick breakfast or late night pick-me-up when deadlines loom.
Paul’s Fitness Tips
Paul’s fitness tips will provide you with inspiration to stay active and own your day, even if you only have 30 minutes to spare!
- Resist the urge to use the escalator or elevator when you’re walking back from lunch or on your way to a meeting—try taking the stairs instead! The body thrives on being challenged and going up or down stairs keeps muscles engaged and strong.
- An ounce of almonds is a no-brainer snack for busy days! Almonds have the protein needed to power through jam-packed schedules, and they’re easy to pack in a purse or briefcase to keep hunger at bay between meals.
- Exercise doesn’t have to take place in a gym. Try exercises that use only body weight, like burpees and planks, at the office, at home or in the park. No weights or equipment needed!
- Since it’s often challenging to make a full breakfast on weekdays, try preparing a simple breakfast like Almond Butter Toast to get your nutrients without sacrificing on sleep.
- Since you keep your phone with you whenever you go, utilize the built-in step counter to get a sense of how many steps you take daily. By measuring your daily activity, you can make it fun by challenging yourself to make easy daily improvements.
- When your schedule is jam-packed and you’re on the road, hunger is the last thing you want to worry about. An easy way to avoid this is to make a snack like Almond Trail Mix and place it in your cup holder so you can get protein on the go!
About Paul Vincent
Paul Vincent is the Co-Founder and CEO of Altus Worldwide, an exclusive company that manages the health and longevity of its clients. Born in Washington D.C., Vincent grew up in Portugal. He completed his undergraduate degree at UCLA and attained a Master’s Degree in Exercise Science focusing on Human Performance. Vincent has an extensive athletic background in many extreme sports including expedition length adventure racing, Ironman length triathlons, long course open water swimming and the 800 and 1500 meters on the track in college. Vincent has worked with a wide range of clients including Hollywood A-list celebrities, Olympians and professional soccer and basketball players. Vincent’s philosophy is about staying healthy without compromising lifestyle.