Honey, Sesame and Thyme Almond Creme Spread
Serve with crackers.
2 cups Almond Crème (recipe below)
1 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, minced
1 Tbsp. Sesame seeds, black, toasted
2 Tsp. Sea Salt
455 g Blanched Almonds, whole
Water, cold as needed
Honey, Sesame and Thyme Almond CremeSpread:
- Line a strainer with 4 layers of cheese cloth.
- Place Almond Crème in the strainer and let strain for 24 hours.
- Place the strained crème in a mixing bowl and combine with all the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or store airtight; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the blanched almonds in a heavy-bottomed sauce pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Strain off water and return almonds to the pot.
- Cover with cold water again and repeat the process 8 more times, or until the blanched almonds are plump and soft.
- Strain, this time reserving all the liquid in separate container.
- Puree the blanched almonds in batches, using some of the reserved water to get it going.
- Puree until smooth.
Cool down in an ice bath before storing airtight; refrigerate until ready to use.
Calories: 102 Fiber: 2 g
Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sat Fat: 1 g Sodium: 71 mg
Mono Fat: 5 g Calcium: 55 mg
Poly Fat: 2 g Magnesium: 45 mg
Protein: 3 g Potassium: 120 mg
Carb: 4 g Vitamin E: 4 mg*