Almond Butter Brownie Bites
Created by Chef Rob Corliss of All Things Epicurean for the Almond Board of California.
Indulgent, gluten-free chocolate brownie bites made with almond flour are elevated by the visual appeal of almond butter swirls and the crunch of blanched almond slivers.
3 Fresh Large Eggs
5 ounces Honey
3 ounces Liquid Coconut Oil
0.20 ounces Pure Vanilla Extract
5 ounces Fine Ground Almond Flour, Blanched
1.50 ounces Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
0.05 ounces Baking Soda
2.50 ounces Blanched Almond Slivers
2.50 ounces Creamy Almond Butter
- Crack the eggs and place into a mixing bowl, then whisk the eggs. Add the honey, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk to evenly combine. Reserve at room temperature.
- Place the almond flour, cocoa powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl and whisk to evenly combine. Add the almond slivers and whisk to evenly combine. Reserve at room temperature.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture (from step 1) to the almond flour dry mixture (from step 2) and stir until both mixtures are combined; creating a brownie batter. Gently swirl in 1.75 ounces of the almond butter.
- Evenly spoon the batter into greased, non-stick mini muffin tin pans (24 spaces) - filling to the top of each space. Use the remaining .75 ounces of almond butter, place a small dollop in the middle of each batter filled muffin tin. Gently swirl the almond butter throughout the top.
- Bake in a 275 F convection oven for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tin pans from the oven and allow the Almond Butter Brownie Bites to cool, in the pans, to room temperature for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the Almond Butter Brownie Bites from the muffin tin pans. Place in a sealed container and store at room temperature.