6 lbs. 14 oz. Water, 105-115F
7 1/2 oz. Compressed yeast
13 lbs. 2 oz. Bread flour
10 oz. Granulated sugar
10 oz. Butter or margarine, 72F
1 lb. 4 oz. Whole eggs, 35-40F
2 1/2 oz. Salt
2 1/2 oz. Butter or margarine, 60F
1. Dissolve yeast in water.
2. Place all dough ingredients into bowl. With dough hook, mix 2-3 minutes on slow speed.
3. Proof 2 hours in retarder at 40F.
4. Punch down. Sheet dough into rectangle 3/8-inch thick. Spread roll-in over half of surface. Fold in half; seal edges.
5. Sheet to 1/4-inch thick. Fold in thirds.
6. Retard dough for 45 minutes at 40F.
7. Sheet dough to 1/8-inch thick. Fold in thirds.
8. Retard for 45 minutes at 40F.
9. Repeat Step 7. Retard 12 hours.
1. Sheet dough into rectangle 10-inches wide and 1/8-inch thick. Cut into triangles with 5-inch base.
2. Spread 3/4 oz. almond paste at base.
3. Holding point, roll into croissant.
4. Place on sheet pans, point side down.
5. Wash with equal parts egg yolk and milk.
6. Garnish with blanched sliced almonds.
7. Fully proof at 82F and 80% relative humidity.
8. Bake at 425F for 25 minutes.