Curry Almond Coconut Truffles
Mini bites of almond “truffles” are rolled in a globally inspired flavor-packed coating. Created by Chef Rob Corliss for Almond Board of California
1.18 oz coconut flakes, unsweetened
0.1 oz Madras curry powder
0.1 oz sumac ground
0.29 oz coconut sugar, pure
9.8 oz almond butter, creamy
0.59 oz almond meal/flour, unblanched
1.47 oz honey
0.29 oz vanilla extract, pure
0.49 oz almonds, natural, fine chop
0.49 oz puffed quinoa
1. Place coconut flakes in a spice grinder and pulse to a small grind. Finished texture should be a mixture of fine ground with small flecks of coconut intact.
2. Place ground coconut in a mixing bowl, then add Madras curry, sumac and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine evenly. Reserve for coating almond truffles.
1. Place almond butter, almond meal, honey and vanilla extract in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Blend lightly until creamy smooth and all ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Add the fine chopped almonds and puffed quinoa and lightly blend just until evenly combined. 3. Scoop the mixture into 1 Tbsp–size portions, then roll in your hands to form truffle balls.
4. Roll each almond truffle in the reserved Madras curry-coconut powder, fully and evenly coating each truffle (pressing the powder on to the truffles).
Enjoy at room temperature and store in a sealed container.