Garden Goddess Almond Bar
A satiating pressed bar flavored with smoked almonds, slivered almonds, pepitas, Medjool dates, blueberries, spirulina, coconut flakes and a hint of jalapeño. Created by Chef Rob Corliss for Almond Board of California.
20 oz almonds, smoked whole
6 oz pepitas, raw whole, unsalted
8 oz blueberries, dried, whole
2 lbs Medjool dates, pitted
0.6 oz spirulina powder
0.12 oz jalapeño, ground, powder
2 fl oz lemon juice, fresh
8 oz almonds, smoked, large chop
4 oz pepitas, raw, whole, unsalted
4 oz blueberries, dried, whole
8 oz almonds, slivers, blanched
4 oz coconut flakes, unsweetened
1. Place 20 oz. smoked almonds, 6 oz. pepitas, 8 oz. blueberries, dates, spirulina, jalapeño powder and lemon juice in Robot Coupe®. Pulse until a small crumble forms and the evenly combined mixture holds its shape when pressed in your hands.
2. Remove from Robot Coupe® and place the mixture in a mixing bowl. Add remaining 8 oz. smoked almonds, remaining 4 oz. pepitas, remaining 4 oz. blueberries, almond slivers and coconut flakes and combine evenly.
3. Evenly spread mixture into a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, then top the mixture with another sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to evenly flatten and press the mixture. Place the half sheet pan in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, to firm up the mixture.
4. After firming up, remove the top parchment paper, then portion into 48 equal snack bars (8 W x 6 L).
5. Place the bars in a sealed container and store refrigerated.