Spiced-Chocolate Almond Truffles
Mini bites of almond “truffles” are rolled in a globally inspired flavor-packed coating. Created by Chef Rob Corliss for Almond Board of California.
1.18 oz cacao nibs
0.2 oz cinnamon ground
0.02 oz ancho chile powder
0.29 oz coconut sugar, pure
9.8 oz almond butter, creamy
0.59 oz almond meal/flour, unblanched
1.47 oz honey
0.29 oz vanilla extract, pure
0.2 oz cocoa powder, unsweetened
0.49 oz almonds, natural fine chopped
0.49 oz puffed quinoa
1. Place cacao nibs in a spice grinder and pulse to a small grind. Finished texture should be a mixture of fine ground with small flecks of cacao nibs intact.
2. Place ground cacao nibs in a mixing bowl, then add cinnamon, ancho chile powder and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine evenly. Reserve for coating truffles.
1. Place almond butter, almond meal, honey, vanilla extract and cocoa powder in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Blend lightly until creamy smooth and all ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Add the fine chopped almonds and puffed quinoa and lightly blend just until evenly combined. 3. Scoop the mixture into 1 Tbsp–size portions, then roll in your hands to form truffle balls.
4. Roll each almond truffle in the reserved cacao-cinnamon–ancho chile powder, fully and evenly coating each truffle (pressing the powder on to the truffles).
Enjoy at room temperature and store in a sealed container.