Toasted Almond Mocha Energy Bites
Developed by Chef Christine Farkas for the Almond Board of California.
½ cup + 1 tbsp Almond butter
¾ cup, 180 ml Dates, pitted
½ cup, 125 ml Almond flour
3 tbsp, 45 ml Pea protein
2 tbsp, 30 ml Water, hot
1 tbsp, 15 ml Honey
3 tbsp, 45 ml Cocoa powder, dark
2 tbsp, 30 ml Coffee powder
1 tbsp, 15 ml Chia seeds
Toasted almond pieces ½ cup, 125 ml
- Dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Set aside.
- Combine all but almond pieces (garnish) in processor. Pulse until smooth, or desired texture has been reached.
- Portion and coat in toasted almond garnish.
- Chill fully and enjoy.
- Sweetness and level of coffee can be increased based on preference
- Protein powder can be increased based on nutritional targets