Stay on top of issues of particular importance to the almond processing community on these pages.
Look for the current status of these priority items, and where to go for more information.
Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is the most sweeping reform of food safety laws in more than 70 years. Signed into law by President Obama on January 4, 2011, it aims to ensure the US food supply is safe by shifting the focus from responding to contamination to preventing it. The ABC has worked with industry members to craft comments on several issues of importance to the California Almond industry. They include:
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Standard for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals
- Designation of High-Risk Foods for Tracing
- Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals
- Focused Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration
- Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.