Food Quality and Safety Symposium Set for July 23
The 16th annual Almond Board of California Food Quality and Safety Symposium will be held Wednesday, July 23, at Wine & Roses in Lodi. Featured speakers and topics include:
- Insect resistance to Phosphine — Dr. George Opit, Department of Entomology/Plant Pathology, Oklahoma State University
- Concealed damage/stockpile management best practices — Bob Curtis, Almond Board of California
- Food safety crystal ball — Dr. Linda Harris, Department of Food Science and Technology, UC Davis
- Influencers on almond shelf life — Dr. Ron Pegg, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Georgia
- Rancidity detection in almonds — Dr. Alyson Mitchell, Department of Food Science and Technology, UC Davis
- FSMA – Food Safety Plans 101 — Speaker TBD
The program begins at 9 a.m. in the Garden Ballroom of Wine & Roses, 2505 West Turner Rd., Lodi. On-site registration begins at 8 a.m.
Lunch (free) will be served. Please register online.
For questions, contact Jayme Puthoff.