Invitation to Food Safety
Dear Industry Members,
With the sweeping food safety regulatory changes, and the challenges as well as opportunities that lie ahead, there is no better time to strengthen our commitment to produce the highest-quality product possible. One way that we do this is by coming together to learn how we can improve upon our current programs and practices.
To that end, I would like to invite you to attend this year’s Food Quality and Safety Symposium, which will be held at Wine & Roses in Lodi on July 13. We have already confirmed top-notch speakers covering such topics as:
- The grower’s role and responsibility according to the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Facility design and retrofitting for food safety and beyond.
- New regulatory authority and audits — What does this mean for almonds?
- Finished-product sampling for pathogens — Does it mean anything?
- Salmonella and almonds — What do we know after all these years?
These topics and more will be covered. A reception will be held immediately following the symposium — What better way to interact with your colleagues and speak directly with the experts? I look forward to seeing you all in July.
Brian Dunning, Chair
Food Quality and Safety Committee