Strategic Goals and Objectives
Dear Industry Members,
In February, the Almond Board of California (ABC) Board of Directors met in a strategic planning session to take a fresh look at the goals and priorities of the organization. The productivity of the session was excellent, providing clarity of focus for the directors, committees and staff. I wanted to share with you a couple of the key outcomes from this planning session.
Invest in programs and research that makes almonds A Crop of Choice for California.
- Promote sustainability of almond supply.
- Enhance the industry-wide food safety system.
- Identify and support basic and applied research to enhance production efficiency.
Invest in programs and research that build market demand for almonds, making them The Nut of Choice.
- Continue to expand the understanding of the health benefits and quality of almonds in support of market development strategies.
- Implement programs to develop new markets and maintain existing ones.
- Implement actions that mitigate trade barriers.
- Improve market development resource allocation mechanisms and processes.
Build an Almond Board organization that optimizes its effectiveness in establishing and executing goals.
- Ensure that Almond Board representatives understand and adhere to fiduciary responsibility standards.
- Implement Board of Director development initiatives, such as succession planning, formal orientation, Board performance assessments, and skills development and acquisition.
- Optimize staff and committee structures and processes.
- Articulate needs related to advocacy, and seek out possible alternatives for meeting these needs.
Almond Board of California