Almond, Chocolate and Pretzel Granola Bars
Recipe created by the Food Network on behalf of Almond Board of California.
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Nonstick cooking spray, for the pan
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
For the base: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the oats with the butter on a rimmed baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Bake until toasted. Let cool completely, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Bring in a bowl of unsalted, roasted almonds and chop.
- Stir in the almonds and coconut with the oats.
For the bars: Line a baking pan with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar, butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a saucepan. Boil for 30 seconds, then pour over the oat/almond mixture and stir.
- Let cool slightly, then stir in the chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan & press firmly with a rubber spatula to spread in an even layer.
- Let the bars stand at room temp until completely cool and firm enough to slice - about 1 to 3 hours.
- Lift out of the pan using the foil overhang and cut into 20 individual bars.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.