When deciding on the right almond for your use, a key parameter is size. Almonds are sized and sorted during processing. This ensures complete separation of almond sizes for quality assurance. Make sure you choose the right-size almonds for your needs.
· Market size is determined by the number of whole kernels per ounce (28.35 g).
· Length variation of kernels can also affect product uniformity.
· Almonds pass over various sizes of round-hole screens that separate the kernels by size.
BIGGER ISN’T ALWAYS BETTER
· Almonds are available both sized and unsized.
· The screening process separates almonds into sizes based on their diameter.
· Almonds are ultimately categorized by weight or kernels per ounce.
THE RIGHT TYPE FOR THE RIGHT USE
When selecting the right California Almond for your specific need, understanding the differences between the wide assortment of almonds will help you confidently choose the right type of almond for the right purpose. In this eLearning course, you’ll learn about the various almond varieties, forms, sizes and common specifications for grades and standards. Keep scrolling to choose a subject matter.
screen or sort
Defects and foreign material are removed prior to further processing. Screens in varying sizes are used throughout processing or uniformity and sizing the almonds.
PRIMARY STEPS: Electronic or manual sorting; round-hole screens with different diameters.