ARE YOU ON THE LIST?
Sign up for our monthly newsletter, The Handle, and receive the latest position report and global update, as well as industry-specific information.
- Japan imported an average of 6.6 million lbs. of shelled and inshell almonds between 2011/2012 and 2015/2016.
- Although ABC has not invested in Japan in more than 5 years, California Almonds are an established presence. ABC will invest $425,000 in Japan for FY 2017/18.
- Japan's economy has benefited from preferential trade terms with China considering the recent political tension between China and South Korea, posting five consecutive quarters of GDP growth for the first time since 2006.
- Despite early economic uncertainty due in part to the U.S. presidential election, economists still anticipate modest positive GDP growth for 2017 in Mexico.
- As of April 2017, Mexico has already surpassed its 5-year average of 14.7 million lbs. with year-to-date shipments total of 15.3 million.
- ABC conducted in-market exploratory research in Mexico City and Monterrey in January 2017.
Download the Regional Factsheet Here