The Almond Board of California’s government affairs program is centered around educating stakeholders about the California almond industry. Our goal is to be a reliable source of factual, science-based information. We accomplish this through building relationships with legislative staff in Sacramento and Washington, D.C. and serving as a primary resource when questions arise regarding California almond production practices, environmental concerns, or supply chain issues.
Our relationship building efforts include
- Visits to legislative/regulatory offices as well as arranging visits to orchards and almond facilities
- Events such as the Environmental Stewardship Tour, the annual Almond Festival, and Ag Day at the Capitol
- Participating in the Home State program that sends almond snack packs to every California delegation office in Washington, DC
- Providing information about the California almond industry through regular industry updates
- Sharing fact-based data with state and federal offices about the impact of regulations on the California almond industry
The ABC Government Affairs program also monitors both Federal and State legislation that may have an impact on the industry. Please contact Bunnie Ibrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about current legislation.