The Almond Board of California (ABC) has endless resources available for food professionals. In the coming months, ABC has two virtual opportunities that will provide inspiration and insights for future product development.
Join ABC on May 28 at 11:00 a.m. EST for a free webinar inspired by hybrids – a 2020 trend identified by Innova Market Insights. This 40-minute webinar, Craveable Combinations: The Rise of Snacking and Confectionery Hybrids, will focus on the “snackification” of chocolate by featuring product examples and innovative snacking-confectionery solutions. Our speakers include:
- Lu Ann Williams of Innova Market Insights who will share research on the growing popularity of products that cross between snacking and confectionery categories and highlight global product examples that leverage the hybrid trend.
- Chef Aneesh Popat, founder of The Chocolatier, who will discuss why chocolate and almonds make an ideal pairing for high-quality, hybrid snacking-confectionery products and showcase real-life applications through recipe examples.
Register now for the free webinar here and take advantage of the live Q&A. If you can’t make the live day, the content will also be available on demand following May 28.
On June 3 at 2:00 p.m. EST, tune in to ABC’s online session at the Research Chef Association’s (RCA) Powered Up Conference on Almond Forms in Application: Elevating Concepts with Plant-Based Protein.
Come discover the versatility of almonds from a flavor and texture perspective, how almonds complement other plant-based proteins, and the ways in which they create a healthy halo for consumers.
In the session, Chef Christine Farkas of iHeart Food Consulting will demonstrate three unique, yet adaptable recipe concepts that span the beverage, snack, and salad/bowl categories:
- Banana ‘Nut’ Bread Smoothie with White Beans
- Zesty Garden Almonds Gazpacho
- Almond Crumble Salad with Kimchi Sauce
Attendees will then have the opportunity to join in the conversation with a live Q&A with Chef Christine and ABC.
To join the session, be sure to register for RCA’s Powered Up Conference by visiting https://poweredup.culinology.org/. For those unable to make the conference, Chef Christine’s demonstration will also be shared on ABC’s YouTube page later in June!